VPN is an important tool that protects our data from hacking, so in this article, you will know What is a VPN (Virtual Private Network)? Why do we use a VPN?
What is a VPN?
To use the internet, we need an Internet network service like AT&T, Virgin, Jio, Vodafone, etc.
Many users also use another network parallel to the network available by their Internet Service provider for various reasons.
This is their personal network. It is a kind of shadow or virtual network.
Hence it is called Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Best VPN Services for Windows & MAC
Why do we use VPN?
In today’s time, our data is considered very valuable. It is said that nowadays data is more valuable than gold. Therefore,
- Various cyber companies and agencies want to monitor our data. Internet Service Provider (ISP) can monitor our data.
- Different cyber companies want to know about our data for commercial use.
- Hackers can also hack our data.
Therefore, we use our private network (VPN) in addition to the network provided by our Internet Service Provider (ISP) to protect our data.
VPN keeps our IP address hidden, so our data is protected from the eyes of ISPs and hackers.
Apart from this, the government of any country can restrict a website for any reason. For example, In China, there is restriction on the use of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
In such a situation, the company Internet service provider (ISP) in that country cannot give the user access to the banned website. But the user can visit the restricted website via his VPN.
However, it is advisable to avoid using the VPN to access the restricted websites, as doing so may be a violation of government law.
I think you should use a VPN only to protect your data.
Side Effects of the VPN:
Using a VPN can slow down the working speed of our computer.
Because while using it two networks get involved. One is the network provided by our Internet Service Provider and the other is our VPN.
What do we want from a VPN?
While shopping for a VPN, we should consider the following features:
- A VPN should respect our privacy. It should not monitor our data.
- Since we use a VPN for the security of our data, so our VPN should be equipped with the most advanced security features.
- It should fulfill the requirement of our data usage.
- If you are using more than one device at the same time, the VPN should allow it.
- The cost of the service is also a considerable factor. It should be economical.
While buying a VPN service you should compare different services on the basis of the above-noted factors, and choose the best one according to your requirements.
Pingback: Best VPN Services  for PC & MAC - AltFizz