Seven Indoor Plants are natural purifiers. They keep us safe from the toxic gases present in the environment in our house.
Pollution is a big problem globally. Industrial units and vehicles are constantly releasing smoke and toxic gases into the atmosphere. Cities are constantly expanding, due to which green areas are reducing.
There is such pressure on the population in cities that there is even no sufficient space for greenery.
Due to all this, we are forced to live in a polluted environment.
Indoor plants protect us from pollution:
If there is not enough space in our house to make a garden, even then we can save our house from pollution. Nature has given us many gifts. It has also given us some plants that can be planted indoors.
These plants keep growing inside the house. They do not even need much sunlight and water to survive. They purify the air by absorbing Carbon dioxide and other toxic gases present in the air inside the house. Not only this, but they absorb dust particles also.
In this way, we can get rid of harmful gases and dust, etc. by planting these plants inside our house.
These indoor plants not only provide us pure air but also cool down the house by reducing the temperature.
Seven indoor plants are being suggested here which are good air purifiers.
7 indoor plants
Areca Palm (Dypsis lutescens):
- This plant is also known as golden cane palm, Madagascar palm, and yellow palm.
- It is most commonly referred to as butterfly palm because of its butterfly look.
- This is a beautiful indoor plant.
- It needs to get the sunlight in three or four months.
- It purifies the air by absorbing Xylene, Toluene, Carbon dioxide, and other toxic gases from the atmosphere.
- They can reach up to a height of about 6-12 feet.
Money plant (Epipremnum aureum):
- Its other names are pothos, silver vine, and marble queen.
- It is also known as devil’s vine because it is almost impossible to kill and it remains green even after keeping it in the dark.
- This is the plant that is most commonly grown in houses.
- It has an extreme ability to convert Carbon dioxide into Oxygen.
- It absorbs Carbon dioxide and other toxic gases from the atmosphere and purifies it.
- This plant can reach more than 2m in height.
Snake plant (Dracaena trifasciata):
- This plant is also known as mother-in-law’s tongue and Saint George’s sword.
- This is a good indoor plant.
- It does not require much sunlight to survive.
- This plant also has very little need for water.
- It has the ability to filter and purify the air in the house.
- It can reach above the height of 6 feet.
Peace Lily Plant (Spathiphyllum):
- It is a great indoor plant.
- It absorbs the poisonous gases present in the atmosphere.
- In addition, it also has the ability to absorb the dust particles present in the atmosphere.
English Ivy Plant (Hedera helix):
- It is also known as European ivy, common ivy, or just ivy.
- This plant can survive in low light.
- It absorbs the toxic gases from the atmosphere and purifies the air.
Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena sanderiana):
- The other names of this plant are curly bamboo, Chinese water bamboo, Goddess of Mercy’s plant, and ribbon plant.
- This beautiful indoor plant maintains moisture and coolness in the environment.
- It is considered a plant that gives peace and spreads positive energy inside the home.
- Its average height inside the home is about 3 feet.
Rubber plant (Ficus elastica):
- This is a very beautiful indoor plant.
- It does not require much sunlight.
- It has a special ability to remove formaldehyde from the air, which is a very common toxin found in the atmosphere inside the house.
- This is a very good air purifier.
- It is used as an ornamental plant also.
- They can grow up to 6-10 feet in height as an indoor plant.
We can grow these indoor plants in our homes quite easily. These beautiful plants not only save us from toxic gases and dust particles present in the air at home but increase the interior decoration of our home as well.