Coronavirus is spreading across the world.
The powerful countries of the world are helpless before the coronavirus. Even the developed countries like the USA, Italy, Germany, France, Spain, etc. are unable to understand how to tackle this disaster.
But India has acted with great foresight in this matter. This is the reason why Coronavirus is under control in India.
Actually, the steps that other countries took on the third stage of the disaster, India started taking those steps at the beginning of the first stage itself.
First, let us know about the four stages of Coronavirus disaster:
- The infected person comes from abroad.
- Local Transmission: That infected person carries the infection to other people coming in his contact.
- Comunity Spread: The newly infected persons carry the infection to other persons. Thus the number of infected persons multiples and the number of infected persons increases rapidly. Deaths start due to illness. Disaster takes a formidable form.
- Having been out of control disaster takes the form of an epidemic.
In India, caution was being taken from the beginning of the first stage.
On the 5th of February, The Government of India took the following actions:
- The visas issued to Chinese nationals before February 5 were suspended.
- The entry for foreigners who have visited China on or after January 15, 2020, was banned.
In the first week of March, the number of corona positive started to increase. It increased the worry of the Government of India. Prime Minister Modi, broadening the scope of action, took the following steps.
- People coming from abroad were being intensively investigated.
- If the suspected people were allowed to go home, they were kept under strict monitoring.
- The people of the country were told not to shake hands.
- They were asked to stay away from one another.
- From March 5, the visas granted to nationals of Italy, Iran, Japan, and South Korea were suspended.
- Indian borders with neighboring countries were sealed from March 15.
- From March 18, Flight arriving from Turkey, the United Kingdom, and European countries were banned.
- From 24th March, All International flights arriving in India were banned.
- Schools, malls, cinema halls, etc. were closed.
Despite the various actions taken from time to time, the number of corona positives in India started increasing. This increased the concern of the Government of India.
The Indian government decided to take a more aggressive stand to overcome the disaster with the arrival of the second phase.
On March 19, Prime Minister Modi himself came to address the nation. He called upon the people of the country to stay at home voluntarily on March 22, which he called “Janata Curfew”.
But this one-day shutdown was not enough to stop Coronavirus.
Within 6 days, on March 24, Prime Minister Modi once again addressed the nation. He announced that since today night from 12 AM, a complete lockdown is going to be implemented across the country for 21 days.
India is the largest democracy in the world. Therefore, this 21-day lockdown was also called the world’s largest lockdown.
WHO has appreciated the aggressive efforts taken by the Indian Government.
This lockdown is currently underway until April 14, 2020.
Till writing this article, the number of coronavirus positives in India is around 650+.
Considering the large population of India, this number cannot be said much.
In fact, the Government of India has been taking this matter very seriously since starting. This is why India started to take strict actions since just the starting of the first phase of the disaster.
While the other countries remained failed in understanding the seriousness of the problem in the beginning and by the time they could understand it, it was too late.
By the time they took drastic steps to deal with it, the disaster had reached its third stage and caused havoc.
I think it is necessary to explain that all the countries of the world are not guilty of this disaster.
At present, the total number of cases of Coronavirus all over the World is around half a million (5,00,000).
If we analyze the number of victims country wise, we find the following facts.
- 4,00,000 of victims are alone in 10 countries.
- 50,000 are in 30 countries.
- While the remaining 50,000 are in 160 countries.
It is clear that 10 countries including China, Italy, Spain, Germany, and the USA, etc. did not take proper action in time and the situation becomes out of there control.
This is the result of the timely actions of the Indian Government that in India the disaster has not crossed the second phase so far.
Since the entire country is under lockdown, there will be a considerable success in controlling the disaster.
If India manages to control this disaster, it will be a major achievement.
On the basis of data analysis, it can be predicted that if the government’s efforts are successful, the maximum number of coronavirus victims in India will barely reach 2,000 by the end of March.
If we look at the devastation caused by this virus in other countries, the number of victims in India can be said very small.
It is also estimated that from the starting of the month of April, the number of victims will start to decrease.