Do you want to know why Apple Watch Series 3 is still a powerful wearable? Read on to find its answer.
Well, though Apple Watch Series 7 and Series 6 is the best smartwatch you can purchase right now, the Apple Watch Series 3 is still a decent smartwatch.
It is still available on Apple’s official store at an excellent, low price, starting at just under $200.
The Apple Watch Series 3 might not be available in larger sizes or comes with the always-on display of the series 6, the series 3 has pretty much everything else.
This blog will shed light on reasons to buy this watch, its cons, features, and key specifications.
Therefore, you can decide easily whether you should invest in this watch or not.
Let us check out some positive and negative aspects of this watch.
|Great price to get all Apple Watch benefits||The design might look outdated as compared to Series 6|
|Best Fitness Tracking Device||No ECG or fall detection|
|It comes with lots of Apps||iOS only|
|Clear and bright screen||LTE drains the battery quickly|
|Fantastic fitness features||No international roaming|
|Faster processor||It will not track sleep natively|
Apple Watch Series 3 Key Specifications:
|Size||Available in 38mm and 42 mm sizes|
|Mode||GPS and GPS/Celluar|
|Compatibility||It only works with iPhone|
|Water-Resistant||Up to 50 meters depth|
|Battery Life||Up to 18 hours|
|Sensor||Optical heart rate sensor|
|Availability||Available in Aluminium only|
Now, as you are aware of this product’s pros, cons, and specifications, let us discuss its features in brief.
- Design & Screen:
- The Apple Watch Series 3 is available in two different sizes – 38 mm and 42 mm sizes.
- There is a 4G cellular option available.
- This watch is available in different color options, such as silver, space grey, and aluminum.
- The red dot which is there on the digital crown symbolizes cellular.
- Its screen is vivid and bright
- This product’s design is almost similar to its previous model.
- The display size of this watch is smaller than series 6.
- 4G Connectivity:
- If you want to enjoy 4G connectivity in this watch, it is available on EE, O2, and Vodafone in the UK.
- The only condition for this is your iPhone should be on the same network.
- Its 4G connectivity is one of the stand-out features of the Watch Series 3’s GPS + Cellular version. So, if you do not want to take your iPhone while going for a walk/run, you can keep it at home.
- Specs and Battery Life:
- The other best thing about this product is that you will enjoy better wireless performance than before.
- You will get outstanding Bluetooth pairing with it.
- With this watch, you will get a longer battery life, such as your watch’s battery will last very well on the second day of use, too.
- Music and Podcasts on Apple Watch:
- If you are a music lover, this watch is the perfect pick for you.
- Apple Music works well on this watch on and offline.
- Recently, the Spotify app has been released too.
- Even the Podcast app also works well on this watch.
- Price & Release Date:
- This watch was launched on 22nd September 2017.
- Its price starts at $199.
- This watch’s LTE version starts at $299.
In a nutshell, the main selling point of the Series 3 is its 4G connectivity. However, the competitive price of series 6 is also that consideration that you cannot ignore.
Nowadays, The Apple Watch is one of the best smartwatches available on the market. And, the real question that will pop into your mind here will be – when the series 3 has most of the same stuff that the series 6 has, why do you need the more expensive newer model? You will get everything in series 3 for less money.
Well, the key selling point of Watch 6 is the bigger screen and the thinner build. However, if you do not need that, nothing can stop you from grabbing the series 3.