Do you want to make reading on a screen more enjoyable? If yes, this blog is for you. Check out these Best Epub Readers for Windows and improve your reading experience.
These days, digital transformation is on the rise and raging across industries. And, book publishing and reading are no exception.
Due to cutting-edge technology and the increased use of mobile devices, nowadays, readers can even carry libraries in their pockets.
However, to read eBooks, now, you do not have to buy dedicated devices like Amazon Kindle.
There are some alternative ways through which you can convert your laptop, PC, or mobile into a reading device. For that, all you need is to install ePUB readers for Windows.
Now, here the main question is – What is ePub?
Read on to get its answer.
ePub – Electronic Publication is an XML-based e-book publishing format standard. In it, the file content is displayed as a combination of HTML + CSS + and XML format. The best thing about this ePub is that it provides you with an outstanding appealing document as compared to PDF, in plain text, digital text, and converted text.
What is an ePub Reader?
It is a file viewer that helps you open and read ePub e-books and document files that have a ‘’.ePub’’ file extension. Generally, people who want to have a better reading experience at the time of reading e-books and other documents use such kinds of readers.
In this blog, we have researched and listed the top 7 ePub readers for windows.
Featuring first on the list is Epubor Reader. It is the most powerful ebook reader with some beautiful features. With it, you will get an attractive design and user-friendly interface.
- It supports multiple ebook formats that include EPUB, MOBI, AZW, AZW3, HTMLZ, TXT, PRC, etc.
- It provides you with a fully customizable reading experience and lets you view, organize, and manage all your ebooks in a single library.
- Highly customizable interface.
- You can easily switch between horizontal and vertical reading
- This reader does not provide native support for reading DRM-protected books.
- This app is quite slow.
The next on the list is Calibre. It is a cross-platform free and open-source software. It supports editing, creating, and converting ebooks with various other ebook formats. Let us check out some of its pros and cons.
- It is a one-stop solution for all your ebook needs. You can do ebook reading, library management, ebook metadata editing, and ebook conversion.
- User-friendly interface.
- It is an open-source & free reader.
- You can have a choice of reading modes.
- Using it, you cannot read protected Kindle ebooks.
Adobe Digital Editions
Up next on the list is Adobe Digital Edition. The best thing about this reader is it opens the ebook in the finest format across PC, MAC, tablets, or mobile devices and provides you with a seamless reading experience.
- It has a user-friendly and attractive interface.
- It supports DRM-protected books.
- This reader frequently freezes and crashes.
- With it, you will experience slow and choppy page scrolling.
Coming up next on the list is Near Reader. It is a cross-platform EPUB reader. Using it, you can save all your EPUB books in the cloud. The best thing about it is available completely free on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire. Its free version satisfies all your basic needs for ePub reading. However, you can buy a premium version that will provide you with cloud storage, sync, and some other customizable features.
- Attractive, elegant, and modern design.
- It lets you highlight, add notes, and bookmark.
- It does not support DRM-protected books.
- It only supports ebooks in ePUB format.
Featuring next on the list is Freda. It is a free ePUB reader. It provides you with all premium features for free incorporating Text to speech, auto-scroll, and speed-reading.
- Freda provides you with many options for customizing text appearance & layout.
- It lets you create and export bookmarks, highlighting, and annotations.
- It offers access to online catalogs such as Feedbooks, Smashwords, Dropbox, OneDrive, & Calibre.
- It does not provide support for reading DRM-protected books.
- This reader contains lots of ads.
Next on the list is Kobo. This is not just an ebook reader app but it lets you buy books with an integrated store. It has a massive library of more than 5 million books. So, you can buy and read new ones as soon as they are released.
- With it, you will get tons of features like theming, progress tracking, search, and bookmarks.
- Due to its cutting-edge UI and excellent reading modes, your reading experience will be delightful.
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- In this app, it is harder to manage imported books.
Icecream E-book Reader
Last but not least on the list is Icecream E-book Reader. This software supports EB2, EPUB, MOBI, and PDF ebook formats. Once you import your books, you can arrange them on a neat bookshelf with a choice of viewing options.
- It is easy and quick to use.
- You can archive and exports ebooks.
- You cannot read Kindle books.
- You cannot do highlighting or annotations in it.
Which of the above ePUB readers fits well with your requirements? Well, Of course, there is not a one-size-fits-all solution. However, the above-listed ePUB readers are best-in-class and surely help you make the right choice.
If you have ever used any of these readers or you feel we forgot to mention any good ePUB reader here, share your views with us in the comment box below. We would love to hear from you.